PLAY VIOLIN/FIDDLE, BANJO, trombone, and bass in as may styles as I can muster. I am a member of Dr. Caterwaul's Cadre of Clairvoyant Claptraps, a five-piece band employing violin, banjo, trombone, accordion, clarinet, electric guitar, bass, and percussion that plays songs ranging across the world. I play upright bass and a little trombone and violin in Mercy Choir, the musical project of songwriter Paul Belbusti. I play fiddle in the left-of-center Americana band No Line North. Occasionally I'm the second violin in The Tet Offensive, a rock 'n' roll string quartet led by Brian Robinson. I play violin in Bivolita, a klezmer ensemble; trombone in The Harris Brothers Balkan Brass Band, and banjo, fiddle, and a little guitar in Wahoo, an old-time stringband featuring fiddler Harry Bolick. I was also in the Mud Brothers, a high-energy old-time stringband that used to play all the time in NYC but doesn't much anymore now that most of us have moved out. I play honky-tonk fiddle with John Pinamonti when I can. I am one of the Dirtballs. I've recorded music for video games. Finally, I had the extreme pleasure many years ago of playing for a few weeks with Butch Morris and the New Haven Improvisors' Collective.
- No Line North, Dreams of Trees, Pt. 1 (2017).
- Mercy Choir, Like a Fountain Stirred (2017).
- Drew Bunting and the Beat Creatures, Jet Pack! (2016).
- Drew Bunting, Where Is My Chicken? (2014).
- An Historic, Small Mercies (2013).
- Dr. Caterwaul's Cadre of Clairvoyant Claptraps, Songs of Mirth and Sorrow (2013).
- Harry Bolick and Brian Slattery, Come On Over and See Us Sometime (2011).
- Brian Francis Slattery and the Slick Six Five, Pictures from a LIberation (2011).
- Drew Bunting, The New South (2009).
- Ken Bloom, Bloom's General Store (2006).
- Harry Bolick, All the Time in the World (2006).
- Great Lakes, Diamond Times (2006).
- Max Greene, Visiting Hours (2006).
- Harry Bolick, Carroll County, Mississippi (2004).